There wont be any windows fans who aren’t willing to try out the latest operating system from microsoft. You would rush to install the new windows 7 as soon as you get it.
But wont it be frustrating when you find that you have ended up with a corrupt windows 7 installation ? The installation might have stopped just after copying all the files, or might be stopped at the middle of the process. In most cases most we go for reinstalling windows 7 all from the beginning. But think twice. There is a way to repair the halfway stopped or corrupted windows 7 installation.
Most of us go unnoticed about the ‘repair option’ when windows 7 install starts.
So lets start the process.
- First boot from the windows 7 DVD and the windows 7 setup will start.
- Choose the Language, country and proceed by clicking next.
- Now you will see the “Install Now” option being displayed look and the bottom left of the window. You will See the Repair Your Computer option. Click on it.
- You will now be presented with the system recovery option window. Select your windows 7 install partition and proceed by clicking next.
- Now choose the Startup Repair Option.
- Now proceed with the process. You system will be up and running. This will solve the windows 7 start up problems and corrupt installation problems in most cases.
You also have other recovery options if you face the problem of windows 7 not starting up. In this case (you have been already using windows 7) you will find the system recovery option handy. If you have created a system recovery image earlier you can go with that and easily restore your windows 7.