When it comes to Speed Firefox tops. The World’s Most Popular browser Mozilla Firefox is certainly speedy. Browsing with it is a great experience what’s more the addons power up it really well. These days most of the users use a high speed broad band connection. So they wont get the full utility from firefox 3 because Firefox is configured to work on slow (dial-up) connections by default. Applying certain tweaks optimize Firefox 3 for Fast for broadband connections. Dial Up users wont get much benefit from this but certainly broad band users will.
Here are some tweaks that could speed up Firefox 3 by optimizing it for fast broad band connections.
Pipelining is a technology used to speed up firefox 3 really well. This technology will allow FireFox to load all the page elements simultaneously instead of loading them one by one. This will make Firefox really fast. Here’s how to speed up Firefox 3 to the maximum.
- Enter about:config in the address bar of Firefox 3. You can see lot of options displayed.
- Type network.http in the Filter box.
- You will see an option called network.http.pipelining double click the entry to make it true and do the same for network.http.proxy.pipelining. This is done to Enable Firefox to do multiple requests to a server at a time. So if you have a high speed connection you will be benefited.
- Now for the entry network.http.pipelining.maxrequests set its value to 30.
This number 30 means that Firefox will make 30 requests to a server at a time.
For an Extra Speed boost right click in a blank space in the above window and select NEW> Integer from the right click menu.Give its name as nglayout.initialpaint.delay and give it’s value as 0. This is the amount of time Firefox waits before processing any information it received.
If you want to Speed Up Firefox 3 Even More then create these values
- network.dns.disableIPv6 set its value to False
- content.notify.backoffcount value as 5
- plugin.expose_full_path value as true”.
- ui.submenuDelay and value as 0
Make Firefox 3 Use Less Ram For Its Cache
This isn’t really a speed boost but will be helpful for people with less ram.For this firefox tweak type about:config in the address bar. And search for browser.sessionhistory.max_total_viewer and double click it and set its value to 0. (If you dont see it create one as a boolean value by right clicking and New -> Boolean)Thats it Firefox wont now eat up more memory for its cache.
Now just restart you browser and see the speed increase in Firefox 3. If you have any suggestions and tweaks comment it. I will include them in the post.