Everybody don’t like junk. There are a lot of junk files created in Windows by default. The Disk Clean up Utility in Windows help us to remove the system Clutter upto certain extend. Disk Cleanup can also remove the outdated or older restore points being created by System Restore which we do not need any more. But there are many temporary files the Disk Clean up utility of Windows wont clean by default. We can configure it to clean up those unnecessary junk there by making more space available.
Here we are not going to do any thing with the Disk Clean up utility but we create a small batch file that does the clean up job as the Disk Clean up utility does.
- Open the Notepad and type the following in it.
- del /s /q “C:\Documents and Settings\placeyourusernamehere\Local Settings\Temp\*.*”
- You need to replace placeyourusernamehere with the User name you have logged into Windows.
- Now save the files as a bat file. To do this select “Save As” option from notepad and select “All Files” from “Save as type” tab. and give the file name as TempKill.bat.
- When you want to clean the temporary files you can run this file. If you want this to run this automatically with the Windows just place the file in the start up folder of windows for that go to this location.
- C:\Documents and Settings\placeyourusernamehere\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
- Now do step 3.
That’s it! From now on the files in the temp folder will be cleaned automatically on Windows Start Up.