By default Vista does not make use of the full potential of the new SATA hard disk’s. We do not get the actual power of the Hard disk that we use. In order to get it we just need to make a small change.
- Call up the Start menu and type Device Manager in the search box.
- Expand the Disk Drives section by clicking on the plus sign near it.
- Now Look for the internal SerialATA (SATA) drives under it.
- Right Click the disk and select properties.
- Go to the “Strategies” TAB.
- Now check the option “Enable Advanced Performance “.
- Select OK and Close the Device manager.
- Restart your system.
You will now be able to get the full power of your SATA Hard Drives from now on!!!.