With Qualcomm testing out their new dual-CPU Snapdragon processors, one such kind is now shipped out to one of their hardware partners (HTC is their biggest partner). The new device from qualcomm packs in a 45nm manufacturing process and therefore its sure to have ultra-low power consumption.
With each separate core running at a speed of 1.2 GHZ these would handle almost all the processing like hot knife on butter.
Other features includes support for a powerful GPU, 24-bit WXGA 1280 x 800 resolution support, HSPA+ networks and 1080p video encode/decode support.
The new MSM8260 and MSM8660 are substantial since they are going to be the first ever dual CPU Snapdragon from Qualcomm.
This device possibly targets the new comer from HTC ie the HTC Vision.
HTC Vision Specs
The phone is expected to have a 4.3inch display, dual-CPU processor and the Gingerbread (upcoming firmware for Android). The new phone is said to come with a new display technology which we have never experienced before.
Screen Shot Of how the HTC Vision might look like
The MSM8260 and MSM8660 chipsets for mobiles would deliver much powerful performance which includes
- Scorpion 1.2 GHz processor and 600 MHz DSP for high levels of web application and multimedia performance
- Support for innovative 3D/2D user interfaces and console-quality gaming via dedicated, high-performance graphics engines
- 16 megapixel camera
- Full 1080p HD video playback and recording
- Support for DTS/Dolby 5.1 surround sound
- Integrated Assisted-GPS, including support for Glonass satellite services
- Support for stunning 24-bit WXGA (1280 x 800) displays
- 45nm process technology for ultra-low power consumption