Windows 7 has been released, fixing a lot of compatibility issues regarding both software and hardwares. So the users need not fear any compatibility issues with the softwares they install in windows 7. Many are still sticking with Windows XP thinking that their daily used programs might not work in windows 7. If you have a program that works only with XP, then dont worry when upgrading to windows 7, because windows 7 has Windows XP and Windows Vista compatibility modes for coping up with such cases. For more microsoft has released a XP mode which can make programs that failed in windows vista to work in windows 7. So there are obvious reasons for people to upgrade to windows 7. A good number of people who come to know about this upgrade to windows 7 thinking that with these new XP mode and other support they can use their windows xp programs in windows 7. But there are some downsides for this and there is a simple solution too.
Things to Know Before Going with the Windows Xp Mode Feature
These are enough reasons for many, which will prevent then from upgrading to windows 7. So,
How can we upgrade to windows 7 and use windows XP in it?
There is a simple solution for this.
You can Get windows XP inside Windows 7 in its full glory with the help of VirtualBox.
Things to have before installing windows Xp inside Windows 7
The only essential thing you need to have is the Windows XP installation Disc.
so lets start,
How To Get Windows XP inside Windows 7
- First you need to get VirtualBox to start with, so Download VirualBox and install it.
- Open VirtualBox and Click the “New” button and create a virtual PC
- In the Wizard select operating system as “Microsoft Windows” under version “Windows Xp”.
- Give a name to the Virtual Machine you have created.
- Next you need to assign the amount of memory and hard disk space to be used for the virtual machine you have created. Set atleast 512 MB for the memory and some 10-30Gb for the hd space.
- Insert your Windows Xp setup CD in your DVD/Cd drive and type the corresponding drive letter of your drive in VirtualBox under “CD/DVD-Rom”
- Now select “Devices > Install guest addons ” and follow the instructions in virtual box.
- Now select “Machine > Wireless Mode”.
(There is provision for specifying the Windows Xp iso file too).
Now this will simulate the Windows Xp mode in Windows 7.
Looking Forward to hear from you Friends.