The 3.13 Firmware have been released now, with new bug fixes and more stability to iPhone 3GS, 3G, 2G and iPod Touch 2.0 and 3.0. The new 3.13 firmware update was aimed at fixing a lot of vulnerabilities that the previous firmware 3.1.2 had. These vulnerabilities were utilized for creating the jailbreak and unlock tools for iPhone 3GS, 3G, 2G and iPod touch 3G & 2G. Though the 3.13 firmware was put up still it was exploited and the new redsn0w 0.9.3 tool . Here is how to jailbreak 3.13 firmware in iPod touch 1G and 2G. The newer 2G and 3G users needs to wait till new jailbreaking tools come out.
- From iTunes software, update to the latest iPhone OS 3.1.3 firmware.
- Download redsn0w 0.9.3 for Windows, Download redsn0w 0.9.3 for Mac
- Now open redsn0w 0.9.3 and give the iPhone OS 3.1.2 firmware for iPod touch as the target location. Yes it is 3.1.2 firmware itself, this is because redsn0w have problems with the 3.1.3 firmware.
- Choose both “Install Cydia” option.
- Make sure the device is plugged in to your computer and is OFF.
- Now you could get a screen at which you have to quickly hold “Power” button and then while holding down the “Power” button, simultaneously you will now have to hold “Home” button too. Now after few seconds release “Power” button but keep holding “Home” button until installation starts.
- Now reds0w tool will begin the jailbreaking process and your iPod touch 2G will restart.
- For unlocking the iPod touch with 3.1.3 firmware, you can use BootNeuter app from Cydia.