You are used to the thumbnail view for previewing image and video file types on Windows Explorer in Windows Xp.In vista this option is not seen and instead large icon types are provided by default.
Vista can display the thumbnails too.But the option to enable them is hidden by default.This is how you can get them back.
- Open Windows Explorer and go to tools>Folder options.
- Select the “Advanced settings” in the view tab.
- Search for the option “Always show icons, never thumbnails”.
- Deactivate the option and Confirm the setting by clicking “Apply” and then “OK”.
- Now you have to only select an icon variant for display under “View” so that the icons get turned into thumbnails.
- You can even get the preview of the marked item in the lower part of the list view.
Note: Enabling the Thumbnail option in old Pc’s will take time to display, especially in the case of video files.