Here comes another Great tool for iPhone 3GS lovers. A tool called Purplera1n has been released for windows users (XP and Vista) for jailbreaking the new Apple iPhone 3GS OS 3.0. Mac users need to wait for the mac compatible version of Purplera1n to be released. Purplera1n is a very simple tool that can easily jailbreak the iPhone 3GS OS 3.0. The iBoot Environmental Variable Overflow present in iPhone 3GS bootrom has been utilized by Purplera1n to insert the code to jailbreak iPhone 3GS.
Here is a guide for Windows users on How to jailbreak iPhone 3GS 3.0 using Purplera1n.
Jailbreaking iPhone 3GS with 3.0 firmware using Purplera1n
- Take a Backup of your iPhone 3GS 3.0 before proceeding the jailbreak.
- Download Purplera1n for Windows.
- Download Apple iTunes 8.2 and install it if you dont have it already.
- Now connect the iPhone 3GS 3.0 to your PC and start Purplera1n. Now press on make it ra1n.
- Wait. On bootup, run Freeze, the purplera1n installer app
- Now follow the instructions as given by the software and proceed jailbreaking the iPhone 3GS 3.0.
- After running Freeze, if Cydia application doesn’t show up, just do a reboot
In case you need any support you can attach the purplera1n.log fileand email at purplera1n.support [at] gmail[dot]com
for help or you can contact purplera1n support hotline @ (650) 265-1210.
Thanks to Blogsdna.