It has been found by rafael from withinwindows that Windows 7 will now officially support to change the logon screen background without using any software or hacks. So we can use our favorite picture as the background in the logon screen of Windows 7. Before we used many softwares like Tune Up Utilities, Logon Studio etc. to change the logon screen in previous Windows version.
Here are the steps to change the logon screen in Windows 7……….
First download this regisrty file (EnableCustomLogonFeature) from here.
Now extract it and run the file to merge the entry to Windows Registry. This is done to enable the custom logon feature in Windows 7.
Now navigate to C:WindowsSystem32oobe (Assuming that Windows 7 is installed in C drive).
Now create a New Folder here and name it as Info. And again create another one inside this info folder and name it as backgrounds.
Now just Reboot your system to Enjoy new logon screens in Windows 7.
The following are the files (sorted by width-to-height ratio) supported in C:WindowsSystem32oobeInfoBackgrounds folder:
* background768×1280.jpg (0.6)
* background900×1440.jpg (0.625)
* background960×1280.jpg (0.75)
* background1024×1280.jpg (0.8)
* background1280×1024.jpg (1.25)
* background1024×768.jpg (1.33-)
* background1280×960.jpg (1.33-)
* background1600×1200.jpg (1.33-)
* background1440×900.jpg (1.6)
* background1920×1200.jpg (1.6)
* background1280×768.jpg (1.66-)
* background1360×768.jpg (1.770833-)
When using custom images make sure that the image is less than 256kb in size.
Enjoy using your favorite image as the logon background from now.