If you have a multicore CPU you will be surprised if you check the booting speed after turning this setting on.This article is just for people running Windows Vista and have multicore CPU(Quad core or dual core or any multicore CPU).Here’s how to reduce your boot time by nearly half or 1/4 th.
- Press the start button.On the search area type msconfig.
- On the boot tab press the Advanced Options button .
- Select the Number of Processors option.
- Select the number of processors you want to run during the booting process.Click OK .
- Reboot your computer.
You are done.
One of my friends asked me whether this trick is applicable for Xp. Yes it is applicable for Xp too .FOR XP USERS.
- Open msconfig then select the boot.ini then open the advanced options.
- You will see /NUMPROC option.
- Select it and apply the number of processors you have.
- Restart the system.
You notice the increase the speed in booting.If you want to calculate the boot time.Download the small 1kb script from below.Then run it before you apply the setting and after applying the setting.You will notice the decrease in boot time.
Download boot time calculator.