These days many people face the problem of removing the antivirus or internet security software’s from their system completely. May new security suites and antivirus software’s emerge and people slip on to them for many reasons. Recently i installed the Eset Nod32 Smart Security in my windows 7 system and later i thought of uninstalling it but even after trying many times the uninstall of nod32 was not complete. The software went irremovable from the system. After trying a lot i was able to remove nod32 from the system. Are you too facing a similar situation like Eset Nod32 Uninstaller not working, Nod32 cant be removed etc? Here are 3 ways to Uninstall/ Remove Nod32 from the System completely.
Method 1 : Doing the Usual Uninstall of Nod32
First of all try running the uninstall tool of nod32 with administrative privileges. For this right click Ese Uninstall tool from start menu and select Run as Administrator in Vista/ Windows 7. Else follow the below step.
- Go to the Control Panel and select Add or Remove Programs and run the Nod32 uninstaller from there. For Windows 7 Users type this in the Address Bar of Windows Explorer. Control PanelAll Control Panel ItemsPrograms and Features it will directly take you to the Add or Remove Programs area.
- Right Click Eset Smart Security / Eset Antivirus and choose Change and choose Remove and continue with the uninstallation Process.
If This normal uninstall or removal of eset nod32 didnt work then try Method No. 2
Method 2 : Uninstalling Nod32 with the Nod32 Removal Tool
The removal tool for nod32 is made for situations where you cant uninstall the software by normal methods.
- Download Eset Nod32 Removal Tool .
- Right Click the Nod32 Removal Tool icon and choose Run as Administrator in Vista/ Windows 7. XP Users just need to run the tool.
- Now Restart Your Computer for the changes to take effect. In most cases this method will uninstall nod32 from your system completely.
If Method 2 also fails for you then try the Last, Method No. 3
Method 3: Manually Removing Nod32
You should try this method iff the above two method fails. (Here i assume you have installed your operating system in the C drive if not change the drive letter accordingly).
- Start Your Computer in Safe Mode.
- Type Regedit in the start Menu (Xp users press [win] + [R] and type regedit).
- Delete the Following keys one by one.
- (For XP Users) browse to C:Windowsinf and delete the file INFCACHE.1 (Make sure Show Hidden Files andFolders option is enabled from the Folder Options)
- (For Vista and 7 Users) Browse to C:WindowsSystem32DriverStore and delete INFCACHE.1
- Now restart your computer.
- Next Remove the Following folders from your system.
- (For XP Users)
- C:Program FilesESET
- C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataESET
- C:Documents and Settings%USER%Application DataESET
- (For Vista and 7 Users)
- C:Program FilesESET
- C:UsersAll UsersESET
- C:UsersAll UsersApplication DataESET
- Also delete any other eset folders if found. Just do a search for Eset in windows search and you can find any other folder if it is there.
Now, Eset Nod32 will be removed / uninstalled completely from your system.